Skip to content
Garage Door Damage Can Happen Day or Night
There are a wide variety of causes of garage door damage. This damage can happen at any time of the day or night, most likely when you really need your door to operate. A garage door is a big investment for your home or business. Aside from the cost of a new door and installation, ThisOldHouse.com reports that garage doors can account for an average of 33 percent of your street-side façade. With this much money and space devoted to it, it should do what it is supposed to do. But again, a garage door can suffer damage and need repair work. What should you look for, though, as a homeowner or business owner? We at Professional Door, Inc., in Dublin, VA, want to discuss the most common causes of garage door damage.
Some of the More Common Garage Door Issues
There are many, many mishaps that may occur with a garage door. Even the most high-quality, durable doors may, at one time or another, require some sort of repair. Whatever your issue may be in the New River Valley, call our expert team at Professional Door, Inc. This month, we would like to give you some idea of what you may expect. Here are five of the most common causes of garage door damage that we have seen throughout our years of experience.
- Common wear and tear: Think about this for a moment: You use your garage door many times during the day. You raise it and lower it when you leave for work. Your children raise it when they want their bicycles. You may raise it when unloading your groceries. You raise and lower it when you work in the yard, retrieving your tractor and weed-eater. That is a lot of operation, every day for many years. This obviously will cause some wear and tear on your garage door. Your door can wear down. Your motor may wear down, and your rollers, hinges, and hardware may wear down. With that amount of use, no one can expect that even a first-rate, reliable garage door can avoid some damage over its lifespan.
- Broken springs: Your garage door’s springs bear a heavy burden. There is a great deal of tension conveyed through those springs as they help to lift that heavy garage door. It is very common, then, for springs to suffer damage and break over time and need repair. Do not attempt this repair as a DIY project! Broken springs can be very dangerous. Depend on the skill and knowledge of experts like those here at Professional Door, Inc.
- Broken cables: Once again, heavy, daily use can also damage the cables used to lift and lower your garage door. These are sturdy, professional-grade cables, but nothing lasts forever. The years will take their toll, and your garage door cables may start to become brittle and may fray and snap. If a cable does breaks, your garage door will not operate.
- Electrical problems: The first three problems we’ve examined may be the result of years and years of wear and tear. However, electrical problems can occur at any time. Most garage doors require electricity to open and close. When a fuse blows, wiring shorts out, or any other electrical issue happens, your garage door simply will not work. You need a garage door contractor to come, assess the problem, and fix it right, right away.
- Misalignment on the track: As the springs operate the cable to raise and lower a garage door, many iterations slide along a metal track to keep them in place. Another common repair issue can be doors that misalign or jump that track. If this happens, your door will not open or close properly. And the longer you wait to get repairs, the more misaligned it can become, causing more and more overall damage.
Your Garage Door Repair Authority in the New River Valley
Wherever you live or work in the New River Valley, Professional Door, Inc., is your garage door repair authority. Our knowledgeable team will get to your home or business as soon as possible and can fix any damage and solve any issue. We understand that you heavily depend on your garage door, and we will be there to solve any repair need.
Our team sets the standard for garage door repair in Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Radford, Dublin, Pulaski, and throughout the entire New River Valley. Whether you are dealing with common wear-and-tear problems, a broken spring or cable, electrical issues, misalignment, or another situation, trust us. Professional Door, Inc., will be there. We even offer 24/7 emergency service, because we know that garage doors don’t just break during business hours Monday through Friday.
Outstanding Garage Door Sales and Installation …and Much More
At Professional Door, Inc., however, we offer much more than just exceptional, dependable garage door repair. We are the garage door sales and installation leaders in Virginia’s New River Valley. We have a wide variety of styles from the best brands on the market. Whether you need a residential garage door or a commercial garage door, call or visit us at our location at 464 Cleburne Boulevard in Dublin, VA. We are directly opposite from the New River Community College. Our team also handles custom garage doors, garage door openers, windows, and entry doors. Whatever the need, you’ll get the results you want at Professional Door, Inc.
Call the experts at Professional Door, Inc., in Dublin, VA, at (540) 674-0008, and remember to like us on Facebook! We are the garage door repair specialists for the New River Valley. We can fix the problem, no matter the causes of garage door damage.